Pages

Minima

Monday, August 13, 2012

Something Crafty This Way Comes...


Even though things have been pretty much up in the air over the past few months, I've still managed to make time here and there, for my favourite hobby.....Crochet!
And I've also taken another leapt into creating things with felt and embroidery thread 

Rather than go into the tedious details of everything I've been doing, I think I'll just show you :) 



These two cuties are from a pattern called "Mama & Baby Owl" by Esbelotta. I saw the pattern on Etsy and just had to have it. I think they are gorgeous and I love the way they turned out. 


This strange little fellow is from a pattern kit I purchased at our local craft store, Spotlight. I played around a bit and changed the colour combinations and 'rebel crafted' the eyes differently. I think it's pretty cute!
 
I decided that I was in need of a new holder for my mobile phone and came across this cute pattern in a new book called "Happy Stitch" and just had to make it. It's the perfect size for my phone and everyone that's seen it so far, has commented on it and wanted one of their own. I told them that I'll gladly take orders lol.    

Another sewn project.....it's a cute little bag that put I together made from felt and artificial leather. Every one of those "feathers" on its belly are hand sewn, as is the rest of the bag. It was a long tedious job with all that sewing, but I'm happy with the end result. It isn't the biggest in size, but it's perfect for holding all my USB drives and Ipod and Kindle cables and it currently hangs on a hook above my desk :) 
Yes! I know they are all Owls! lol
I promise that I have been working on other things that aren't owl related, but I can't show you at the moment because they are gifts that are still waiting to be delivered to their new homes. Can't have the intended recipients finding out what they are getting before they receive them!!
So I guess you'll just have to stay tuned for those! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment